BA101 Introduction to Business
Survey course in the field of business including topics such as management, finance accounting, marketing, production, computers, international business, small business, investments and other areas of general business interest. Prerequisite: WR 115, RD 115, and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Hello, I'm Yuli Auld, your BA 101 instructor/facilitator. This class is designed to expose the interested student to many functions of modern business. The course shows the student how these functions exist in a changing society and the type of decisions which must be made within that environment. The course is also designed to expose the student to the multitude of career fields in the areas of business. The importance of business in the modern society is also stressed throughout the course. Topics such as business environment, management, organization, marketing, finance, accounting, and data processing are discussed in an introductory manner. Credits will be acceptable as required and/or elective for Portland community College's Business Administration and Business Technology Certificate or Degree Programs. This course is not designed to provide for entry level employment or job upgrading except to provide background knowledge of business. Prerequisite: WR 115, RD 115, and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Starting on fall 2014 we are using a new textbook for BA 101 (Intro to Business), Better Business 3rd edition authored by Solomon, Poatsy and Martin (Required). Additional requirement include access to MyBizLab; there are several buying options: 1. PCC is selling the textbooks (hardcopy) with MyBizLab access code; in this bundle youll also have access to the electronic textbook. I think the price for this bundle is $115.65, check the PCC bookstore for pricing and other info. If you purchase a used textbook, you may need to purchase additional access to MyBizlab-see below. 2. Pearson (the publisher) is selling the access code to MyBizLab for $40 without the e-text or for $85 with the e-text. Check the pricing info at Pearsons website. Access to Mybizlab required 3 things: 1) your email 2) course ID which will be provided by me (your instructor) during the first week of the term 3) access code MyBizLabs website, http://www.pearsonmylabandmastering.com/northamerica/mybizlab/students/get-registered/index.html. If you have questions, feel free to email me (Yuli) at email@example.com. Hope to meet you online soon!
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||40276||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 12-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Yuliana D Auld
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.