LIB101 Library Research and Beyond
Introduces the research process and essential research skills to find, select and cite the best information. Teaches identification of research topics, planning and carrying out the research process, and to identify and cite preferred sources of credible information. Prerequisite: Placement into WR 115. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- This class is for anyone who has struggled with research assignments, or has an interest in improving his or her research skills. Where to find credible sources, how to develop a good topic, and much more. I am a librarian at Southeast Center Library, and I look forward to showing you great ways to use library and Internet sources for research. The best way to contact me is by email firstname.lastname@example.org. I check it frequently.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- There is no textbook required, but I recommend William Badke's Research Strategies: Finding Your Way through the Information Fog, 4th or 5th edition. It has a lot of great tips and ways to think about research. I will occasionally refer to it in lectures, but again, it is not required.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||34849||-||23-Jun-2014 thru 25-Jul-2014|
Instructor: Kevin W Moore
Notes: 5-week class 06/23/14 through 07/25/2014
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.