GRN266 Activity Prof Training 2
Course provides didactic and experimental learning to prepare management level careers as an activity professional with older adults in long term care facilities, adult daycare and community settings. Includes professional responsibilities of the Activity Director, the system of activity program development in diverse settings, administrative practices in the Activity Profession, communications, leadership, and community relations. Prerequisite: GRN 265 Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- This class is one of a two part class that meet the requirement for National Activity Professional Certification by the National Certification Council of Activity Professionals. Most students find this an interesting and productive learning experience as they are doing work that is directly related to future employment. The 7 assignments/practicums provide not only real life /time experience but also provide excellent employment profolio examples of on the job experience.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- This class requires that the student do an intership study at a Long Term Care / Rehab Skilled Facility, an Assisted Living Facility or an Alzheimer's Facility. The student should plan on about 90 hours of academic study / reading time and another 90 hours of intership study in a facility where they will complete 7 assignments/practicums directly related to the activity professional career. Students will be responsible for finding a sponsoring facility and mentor at that facility, assistance in securing a facility will be offered by the instructor but responsibility for contacting and presenting request for sponsorship will be completed by the student.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||34780||-||23-Jun-2014 thru 30-Aug-2014|
Instructor: Connie M Ratti
Notes: 10 week online course, June 23-August 30
Tuition: credit Fees: $18.00
For information, contact Sylvania
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.