CJA100 Professions in Crim. Justice
Provides overview of the various careers in the public safety professions, including police, corrections, parole and probation, juvenile and adult casework, private security, loss prevention, and private investigator. Prerequisites: Placement into WR 121. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome to CJA100, Professions in Criminal Justice. I believe you will find this course informative and useful as you examine the career possibilities within the criminal justice system at the Federal, State, County, Local municipalities, or Private Security. The textbook for this course is: Professions in Criminal Justice, Careers in Criminal Justice and Related Fields; from Internship to Promotion - Harr Hess, 6th edition, Wadsworth - ISBN-13: 978-0-495-60032-9, ISBN-10: 0-495-60032-6, www.ichapters.com PCC book store may offer new or used copies of this textbook. Publisher may offer online versions of textbook, and you may also be able to purchase new or used copies of textbook at various vendors online. This textbook is also a good reference source for those seek knowledge or employment within the criminal justice community.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Students are required to take the Course Informational Quiz before gaining access to weekly discussion topics. Course materials open each Friday @ 12:01 am, and close the following Friday @ 11:59 pm. There are nine tests, and five short paper assignments. Prerequisites: WR 121 Students who are not on the wait list will not be accepted after the first week of class.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||33686||-||23-Jun-2014 thru 05-Sep-2014|
Instructor: W.F. Grace
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.