CIS120 Computer Concepts I
Introduces computing fundamentals from the past into the future, utilizes key applications to solve practical problems, and explores the benefits and risks of living online. Designed for the student who is already computer literate with the MS Office applications, e-mail, and the Internet and focuses on applying this literacy to practical IT applications. Provides a foundation to pursue an IT pathway and helps prepare students for the IC3 certification. Prerequisites: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Recommend: basic computer skills equivalent to CAS 133 or BA 131. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome to this introductory level course which expects a working knowledge of Windows environment and of MS Office Suite applications like MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint. First day Login to D2L is mandatory! Follw these steps to login -> Login to MyPCC - Go to MyPCC Home tab - On the Left Hand side of the screen, under 'Quick Links' /'PCC sites' select 'Desire2Learn Login' and click on it. - Select your course CIS 120 and CRN# 33378 to see course content.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Required Textbook : Discovering Computers - Technology in a World of Computers, Mobile Devices, and the Internet ISBN-13:978-1-2851617-6-1 2014 Authors : Misty E. Vermaat, Susan L Sebok, Steven M Freund. Publishers : Cengage Learning (Shelly Cashman Series). Technology Requirements : Ensure you have a working PC with Microsoft Windows software, preferably Microsoft Windows 7 and an internet connection. The course is not oriented to support Apple Mac or other OS. Required software is Microsoft Office suite, preferably MS Office 2007 or later (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access) a Zip utility like Microsoft WinZip, FTP client software like FileZilla, Adobe Reader and Flash player (both available freely) and a USB drive to back up your assignments. Check your PCC email for login information for this site : http://pccdreamspark.onthehub.com/ and One of the following recommended web browsers: Firefox 10 or later Internet Explorer 9 or later Safari 5.x or later Note: Firefox is the best supported browser for use with Desire2Learn.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||33378||-||23-Jun-2014 thru 23-Aug-2014|
Instructor: Rekha D Rao
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.