WR121 English Composition
Focuses on academic writing as a means of inquiry. Uses critical reading, discussion and the writing process to explore ideas, develop cultural awareness and formulate positions. Emphasizes development of a variety of strategies to present evidence in support of a thesis. Prerequisite: Placement into WR 121, or completion of WR 115 and RD 115. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome to the course information page for Writing 121! I look forward to a great quarter with you. You can plan on writing three formal essays and many informal writing assignments throughout the term. There will also be quite a bit of reading, as learning to write requires analyzing the texts of other writers. Remember that this is an 8-week condensed course, so be prepared for a bit larger time commitment because of that.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- The textbook you'll need to purchase is The Brief Bedford Reader, 11th Edition. It is available through the Rock Creek Campus bookstore.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||31598||-||23-Jun-2014 thru 16-Aug-2014|
Instructor: Elissa E Rust
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.