BI222 Human Genetics
Presents the fundamentals of human genetics. Includes physical basis of inheritance, the mechanics of inheritance, probability, sex chromosomal abnormalities, autosomal anomalies, gene structure and function, molecular genetics, behavioral genetics, twinning and contemporary issues in human genetics. Prerequisites: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores, AND (BI 101 and BI 102), or (BI 211 and BI 212), or BI 112. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome to BI222! This 3 credit course involves weekly quizzes, weekly citation supported discussion forum postings, a group project, and 2 proctored exams.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- textbook Human Heredity: Principles and issues 9th edition, by Michael R. Cummings (Thomson, Brooks/Cole). Exams are proctored and are held weeks 5 and week 10. Time to be announced. Opportunity to take the exam in a testing center.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||31541||-||23-Jun-2014 thru 06-Sep-2014|
Instructor: Cortny A Williams
Notes: Midterm 7/23 & Final 9/3 1-3:00pm- Rock Creek Bldg7/103
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.