CAS133 Basic Computer Skill/MS Office
Introduces the basic features of Microsoft Office, Windows basics, and file management. Develops familiarity with Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, email, and Internet basics. Provides an overview of the MyPCC Portal website. Covers components of the Internet and Computing Core (IC3) program content. Recommended: RD 115 and WR 115. Keyboarding by touch recommended. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Basic Computer Skills/MS Office CAS133 CRN 31407
Welcome to CAS133. My name is Debbie Austin and I'll be your instructor for this term. This is a beginner course covering Windows and file management basics, internet basics, MS Office and email.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Required Text and Supplies:
Microsoft Office 2010 Illustrated Series Introductory packaged with 180 day trial of MS Office 2010, and SAM Key Code; Cram, Beskeen, Reding, Duffy, Friedrichsen, authors; Cengage, publisher; ISBN 9781285582795. You can only purchase this bundled package from the PCC bookstore. You must have the SAM key code to complete this class.
USB storage device--You will need a portable storage device if you are using a computer other than your own.
This course is written for Microsoft Office 2010. All students must have access to this software for completion of class assignments. You can use the free, 180-day trial version that comes with your textbook. You can also purchase the software for your personal computer, or make time to visit the PCC computer lab.
Important Class Note: This course and the textbook is specific to Microsoft Office 2010 for Windows 7. You may also use Microsoft Office 2013 or Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac but there may be some differences in the texbook that could cause you some difficulty. It is your responsibility to use the help feature to find corresponding features.
Please note: you may use Office 2013 to complete this course but there may be some differences in the hands-on steps. We will assist when there are differences. Please post any questions in our discussion board.
This class is not for Open Source software, Google Docs, or older versions of Office. You can complete this class using either Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Mac OSX.
Mac Users: This class covers Microsoft Access which is NOT available in any version of Microsoft Office for Mac. You will have to use a PC to complete the Access exercises and exam problems. The file management exercises are specific to the Windows operating system. You may need to use a PC to complete these exercises or you will need to figure out how to complete them using the Mac 'Finder' window.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||31047||-||23-Jun-2014 thru 30-Aug-2014|
Instructor: Debbie S Austin
Notes: Office 2010
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.