MUS105 Music Appreciation
Provides an introduction to understanding symphonic music in the vocal and instrumental genres from the ancient period through the contemporary music of our time. Class will be presented using a multi-media format. Prerequisite/concurrent: WR 115 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Please contact Dr. Brian Gardiner with any and all questions about the class. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Required textbook: Experience Music (third edition), by Katherine Charlton Notes: There is a special edition of the Charlton book that has been created for our class. This book that I have put together, that you can order through PCC, only contains the chapters we will be studying in our class, providing the student with an option that is less expensive. You are certainly welcome to purchase the original version of the book if you wish. There is also a set of 3 compact discs that will come with the book. These CD's contain musical excerpts that we will use throughout the term. There is an optional few CD's 4 - 6 that you can order separately, but are not required for the class
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||30934||-||23-Jun-2014 thru 16-Aug-2014|
Instructor: Brian S Gardiner
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.