MTH60 Introductory Algebra- 1st Term
Introduction to algebraic concepts and processes with a focus on linear equations and inequalities in one and two variables. Applications, graphs, functions, formulas, and proper mathematical notation are emphasized throughout the course. A scientific calculator is required. The TI-30X II is recommended. Prerequisites: MTH 20 and RD 80 (or ESOL 250). Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- We are using a Custom Published edition of: Introductory Algebra (Fifth Edition) by Robert Blitzer, ISBN 9780558370985 for Portland Community College. New texts purchased at our bookstore should be shrink wrapped with: My Math Lab access code FREE Student solutions manual, FREE access to a Prentice Hall tutoring center (phone-fax-or email questions about the odd numbered questions in your text), and FREE access to a Prentice Hall web or CD based tutor center. My Math Lab does not come with a used copy of the text. My Math Lab is an additional $70, so the most cost effective option it to purchase a new text. The My Math Lab code and text for this online course are used for both MTH60 Online and MTH65 Online. You will not have to purchase a new My Math Lab code if you used My Math Lab in MTH60. This course will be using Desire2Learn this term. Desire2Learn was selected by PCC to replace Blackboard as our Learning Management Software that is used to deliver online courses. To login to your course, please go to: https://my.pcc.edu and click on the Desire2Learn login. Please note that other online courses you are enrolled in may still use Blackboard this term, to login to Blackboard please go to: http://pcconline.blackboard.com.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- There are two proctored exams that are given at the SE Center Campus of PCC. The proctored midterm is on Friday--July 18th from 8:00am-9:50am in Tabor 146, and the proctored final exam is on Friday--September 5th from 8:00am-9:50am in Tabor 143/144. You must bring photo ID to both exams.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||30887||-||23-Jun-2014 thru 06-Sep-2014|
Instructor: Seth Eikrem
Notes: MyMathLab REQUIRED. Students should buy new text bundle.
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Extended Learning Campus CLASS
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.