RD115 College Reading
Focuses on expanding reading frequency and effectively reading complex college level texts; Emphasizes comprehension strategies, critical reading and thinking skills, information literacy, vocabulary development, student success strategies and adapting reading rate to different reading tasks. Prerequisite: Placement into RD 115 or successful completion of RD 90 AND placement into WR 90 OR successful completion of WR 80; OR ESOL 252 and ESOL 260. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Students: During the first week, one will be able to look at technology and student readiness in order to learn in an online environment.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- ISBN: 9780390190215 Edition: 2009 Status: Title: COLLEGE READING 115 FOR PONTIOUS Author: PONTIOUS Publisher: MCG PRIMIS Statement of Use: REQUIRED Title: OUTLIERS Author: Malcolm Gladwell Statement of Use: REQUIRED
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||30861||-||23-Jun-2014 thru 30-Aug-2014|
Instructor: David M Pontious
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.