G208 Volcanoes and Their Activity
Covers the origin, activity, products, classification and hazards of volcanoes. Prerequisite: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 65 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- My philosophy of teaching an online course is that I'm a facilitator. This arrangement is similar to but different from many traditional classes, in that I won't be standing before you every day, helping to mediate the material for you (by lecturing, for example). The responsibility for 'getting' the material in this course is yours, though I have done and will continue to do my best to create online learning activities that will help you learn. The key point is that an online course like this one requires maturity and responsibility on your part. Think of me as a guide: I will be here to guide you on your journey, but you must be prepared to do the walking. I cannot carry you.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- You will need the following textbook: Volcanoes (fourth edition) by Robert Decker and Barbara Decker. Publisher: W. H. Freeman 4th edition, 2006, ISBN 978-0-7167-8929-1
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||30812||-||23-Jun-2014 thru 15-Aug-2014|
Instructor: Kenneth G Sutton
Notes: 8 Week Course (6/23-8/15)
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.