Introduces the regional geology of the Pacific Northwest with emphasis on Oregon geology. Includes basic geologic principles, earth materials and geology of Pacific Northwest provinces. Prior geology experience strongly recommended. Prerequisite: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 65 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- The Desire2Learn course consists of 10 modules, one per week. Students can earn a total of 100 points. Each module has a 3 question, multiple-choice quiz. The module quizzes add up to a total of 30 points. The student can study for each module quiz by finding answers to a list of optional questions using the textbook and the module webpages. There is a 20 point, 20 question, multiple-choice quiz midterm and a 30 point, 30 question multiple-choice final exam. Finally, there is a 20 point Discussion Project that can be done anytime in the term up to 2 weeks before the term's end. My philosophy of teaching an online course is that I'm a facilitator. This arrangement is similar to but different from many traditional classes, in that I won't be standing before you every day, helping to mediate the material for you (by lecturing, for example). The responsibility for 'getting' the material in this course is yours, though I have done and will continue to do my best to create online learning activities that will help you learn.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- You will need the following textbook: Living with Thunder by Ellen Morris Bishop. Publisher: Oregon State University Press 2014, ISBN: 978-0-87071-748-2
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|30812 WEB »||-||22-Jun-2015 thru 15-Aug-2015|
Instructor: Kenneth G Sutton
Notes: 8 Week Course (6/22-8/15)
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.