CAS109 Beginning PowerPoint
Introduces the basic features of Microsoft PowerPoint, producing multimedia slideshows for presentations to be delivered on a projection system, personal computer, or automated to run independently on a kiosk. Explores informational, educational, business, and personal presentations. Includes animations, transitions, and designs. Recommended: Placement into RD 115 and WR 115. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Karen Henry 971-722-5427 Cascade TEB 200
- Course Specific Requirements:
- This is a 4 week, 1 credit course, but may feel like a 3 credit course because it is so short. IT IS IMPORTANT that you post to the Duscussion page the first day of class or I will need to remove you from the class. There is just one day students can drop the class and still get a full refund since it is only a 4 week period. If you need to drop you need to do so before the 3rd week of class as well. Make sure you read the Calendar of Due Dates, Syllabus and Module instructions carefully because poor grades are often a result of missing important details in these documents. Textbook: Microsoft PowerPoint 2010: Complete Shelly Cashman Series (ISBN-13: 978-1-4390-7893-1 or ISBN-10: 1-4390-7893-9). This textbook can be purchased at the PCC bookstore or online wherever textbooks are sold. It can also be rented from Cengage the publisher, Amazon and other textbook rental companies. Supplies: USB flash storage device (at least 1gb) - if you will be using one of the PCC computer labs Software: This course is written for Microsoft PowerPoint 2010. All students must have access to this version of software for completion of class assignments. You can purchase this software at a discount at student rates. Hardware: You must have a computer with a high-speed connection to the Internet.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||30797||-||23-Jun-2014 thru 19-Jul-2014|
Instructor: Karen E Henry
Notes: Class meets June 23 - July 19; PowerPoint 2010.
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.