HST201 History of the US to 1840
Examines cause and effect, and significant trends and movements related to political, social and economic ideas and events from Colonial times to 1840. History courses are non-sequential and may be taken in any term and in any order. Prerequisites: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- HST 201 (History of the United States from 1491 to 1840) is the first in the sequence of U.S. history offered at PCC. It is a very reading-and-writing intensive course, and so students are cautioned to manage their time and skills accordingly.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Readings: There are three books for this class, and many other web-based documents located in the weeks module. Eric Foner, Give Me Liberty! An American History. Gordon Wood, The American Revolution: A History. Joseph Ellis, Founding Brothers: The Revolutionary Generation. Writings: --Five 'discussion posts' consisting of a main post (two full paragraphs) and two one-paragraph replies (for a total of four substantial paragraphs). These posts will reflect a student's comprehension of the weeks' readings. --Two Exams. Each (a midterm and a final) consists of three two-page essays, for a total of six pages for each exam.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||30784||-||23-Jun-2014 thru 30-Aug-2014|
Instructor: Christopher W Shelley
Notes: 10 week online course, June 23 - August 30.
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.