Introduces business management theory, including the basic functions of planning, organizing, directing, leading, and controlling as well as factors contributing to change in current management approaches. Recommended: BA 101, Introduction to Business. Prerequisites: WR 115, RD 115, and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- BA 206 Introduces business management theory, including the basic functions of planning, organizing, directing, leading, and controlling as well as factors contributing to change in current management approaches. Prerequisites: WR 115, RD 115, and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Recommended: BA 101, Introduction to Business. Audit available.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- This course is arranged chronologically and employs a modular design. Each week, students should watch the chapter presentations, complete Chapter Quizzes for the required reading and homework assigned. There will also be four midterms after each module and two case analysis (one in the first half of the term and one at the end of the term). Due dates for assignments will be listed as in the 'course calendar' in Desire2Learn. which is also available on the Content or on the Schedule. Chapter Quizzes, Homework and Case Analysis will be completed/submitted in Desire2Learn. All assignments, quizzes and cases for a module are due by the due date of the midterm for the module. NO LATE WORK WILL BE ACCEPTED You will need access to a computer or tablet with Office 2003 or later (alternative software e.g. OpenOffice is fine). You will not be able to successfully complete this course using only a smart phone. There are computers available for student access in the library at each campus. This course utilizes Desire2Learn for chapter quizzes and submittal of homework and case analysis. If you are not familiar with Desire2Learn there are several video tutorials in the Intro to Online Learning section of the course content. NOTE: Experience has shown that Firefox works best with Desire2Learn. It is strongly recommended that you do not use IE, Chrome, or Safari. Assignments must be submitted via Desire2Learn - assignments sent via email will not be accepted without prior approval from the instructor. All assignments must be submitted in Microsoft Word compatible format.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|30770 WEB »||-||20-Jun-2016 thru 03-Sep-2016|
Instructor: Heidi J Sickert
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.