WR115 Intro to Expository Writing
Introduces college level skills in reading critically, exploring ideas, and writing. Covers composing essays which support a thesis through structure appropriate to both thesis and reader and revision for clarity and correctness. Prerequisites: (Placement into WR 115 or completion of WR 90 or ESOL 262) and (placement into RD 115 or completion of RD 90 or ESOL 260). Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- This is an online writing course. Students will be expected to spend at least 12 hours per week preparing writing assignments and participating in weekly online discussions of the reading, as well as conversations critiquing student writing. The writing process will include drafting, sharing writing with a small group of classmates, and revising to produce a final draft. To succeed in an online course, students must be independent learners and self-disciplined. Conferences are required, and can be managed through email, telephone, or face-to-face appointments with the instructor.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- This course will be using Desire2Learn, our Learning Management Software at PCC that is used to deliver online courses. To login to your course, please go to: https://my.pcc.edu and click on the Desire2Learn login link on the left of your MyPCC homepage. You should have regular access to a reliable internet connection and working knowledge of a word processing program (such as Microsoft Word).
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||30756||-||23-Jun-2014 thru 16-Aug-2014|
Instructor: Mary M Sylwester
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.