BA177 Payroll Accounting
Learn fundamental skills and basic knowledge in the area of business payroll. The focus of the course is primarily in the following areas: payroll and personnel record keeping, calculation of gross pay using various methods, calculation of Social Security and Medicare taxes, calculation of federal and state income taxes, calculation of federal and state unemployment taxes, journalizing and posting payroll entries, and completing various federal and state forms. Prerequisites: BA 111 Introduction to Accounting or BA 211 or instructor permission. Recommended: MTH 30 Business Mathematics, and Microcomputer experience. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- This class focuses on all areas of payroll processing, from the calculation of gross pay, deductions and net pay to the filing of tax forms required by employers. We will go in-depth in our study of payroll laws and regulations. So, we will be focusing less on the debits and credits that we study in other accounting classes and more on the underlying rules and processes that go into payroll accounting
- Course Specific Requirements:
- This course uses Cengage Brain as its homework manager. All homework, quizzes and exams will be completed online using this tool. You will participate in a Continuing Payroll Problem, an Excel spreadsheet where you will process a payroll using the lessons learned each week. Finally, you will complete the Computerized Payroll Problem during the last couple of weeks of the class. This will give you an opportunity to use a computer program to process payroll data. All of this is explained in the Content section of D2L.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||30733||-||23-Jun-2014 thru 06-Sep-2014|
Instructor: Scott S Birk
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.