MTH65 Introductory Algebra-2nd Term
Introduces algebraic concepts and processes with a focus on functions, linear systems, polynomials, and quadratic equations. Applications, graphs, functions, formulas, and proper mathematical notation are emphasized throughout the course. A scientific calculator is required. The TI-30X II is recommended. Prerequisites: (MTH 60 or MTH 62) and (RD 80 or ESOL 250) Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- This online course will use Desire2Learn, PCC's online course system. There is a link to Desire2Learn once you log into MyPCC. The course opens on Monday of the first day of the term. This course requires two on-campus exams, one afternoon option and one evening option (around 5:30pm). The exams will be held at PCC Rock Creek Campus. If you live more than an hour from campus and cannot attend, email me as soon as you can for alternative options. This class uses MyMathLab for practice homework, but practice homework is not submitted, so MyMathLab is not required. This class uses WebWork, a free on-line homework platform as one of two options to submit graded homework. You will also be expected to familiarize yourself with an equation editor to submit a weekly formal math problem. Free equation editors are available.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Two on-campus Exams; textbook; access to an equation editor; access to Microsoft Word or Open Office; ability to convert files to pdf. Assistance is offered to help with the equation editor, and other technical expectations of the course.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||30638||-||23-Jun-2014 thru 16-Aug-2014|
Instructor: Jeffrey R Pettit
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.