CAS121 Beginning Keyboarding
Introduces alphabetic portion of computer keyboard by touch. Uses the numeric portion of the keyboard. Develops and improves basic keyboarding techniques to increase speed and accuracy. Involves production of basic business and academic documents using a word processor. Recommended: Placement into RD 90 and WR 90 or above. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- This course will be using Desire2Learn, our learning Management Software at PCC that is used to deliver online courses. To login to this course, please go to https://my.pcc.edu and click on the Desire2Learn login link on the left of your MyPCC homepage. You should plan to work on the lessons and timings 6 -7 hours a week to be successful in this class.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- You will need a computer with Windows 7 or 8, Vista, Windows XP, or a MAC with a stable internet connection. You will also need Word 2010 or 2013 which is part of Microsoft Office. You will access the GDP typing software through the internet after you have purchased an access code which is included in a new textbook bundle or can be purchased separately if you buy a used book. You will need to sign into the GDP software by Friday of the first week. After becoming familiar with the keyboard and building some speed, you will be introduced to basic business documents using Word.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||30590||-||23-Jun-2014 thru 30-Aug-2014|
Instructor: Janet M Graves
Notes: Word 2010 class runs for 10 weeks.
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.