EC201 Prin Econ: Microeconomics
Introduces the principles of microeconomics. Enhances the ability to recognize and analyze economic problems in the United States. Covers the American microeconomic system, which includes a familiarization with the basis of the price system and resource allocation; the operation of the firm; market concentration; regulation and antitrust policies. Recommended: MTH 95. Prerequisites: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Rondi Schei is an Economics instructor at Portland Community College and Portland State University. Her focus of study is in Environmental and Natural Resource Economics and is currently working on a research project valuing the demand for ecosystem services with Clean Water Services of Washington County. In addition, she is an Online Faculty Mentor at PCC. She provides guidance for instructors developing online courses.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Textbook: McConnell, Brue, Flynn. 2013. Microeconomics Brief 2e. McGraw-Hill. ISBN: 0077416201. During Week 1, you will need to complete: (1) A Course Information Quiz, (2) Post an Introduction and Reply to two other students, and (3) Take an Economic Math Skills Quiz. Otherwise, you will be dropped as a 'No Show' on Saturday, June 28th, 2014.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||30296||-||23-Jun-2014 thru 30-Aug-2014|
Instructor: Rondi A Schei
Notes: 10 week online course, June 23 - August 30.
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.