LIB101 Library Research and Beyond
Introduces the research process and essential research skills to find, select and cite the best information. Teaches identification of research topics, planning and carrying out the research process, and to identify and cite preferred sources of credible information. Prerequisite: Placement into WR 115. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Did you know that libraries are all about learning? The PCC library offers you many tools and sources that will be very helpful in your academic journey at the college. So to start, you will need a researchable topic to work on while you are in the LIB 101 course. The topic could be one you will use for another class, if you know you will need to do a research project for that other class. Or, it could be a topic that you simply want to know more about. You will need this researchable topic so you can focus on locating reliable information sources. You will be expected to locate and select sources which do not simply amplify your own opinion, but can inform other readers. A topic is researchable when there is a question, or conflict inside of it. You will figure out how to focus on that, in your own way. And I will help you! Log in to the class the first day of the term so you can reserve your spot. This is a five week course. If you do not log in by 10 pm that first day, you will be dropped. Best of luck! --Pam Kessinger
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||29501||-||01-Apr-2013 thru 05-May-2013|
Instructor: Pamela C Kessinger
Notes: 5-week web class 4/1 through 5/5/2013
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.