MP150 Intro to Elec Health Records
Introduces basic concepts of medical charting which are implemented and built upon in an Electronic Health Record (EHR). Introduces basic concepts of implementation and use of an EHR. Includes skill development for basic navigation of an EHR. Explores issues around privacy, security, government regulations and ethical/legal aspects of medical records in a healthcare delivery environment (hospital or clinic setting). Recommended: CAS 133 or equivalent computer and internet experience. Prerequisites: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- I'm a Registered Nurse who has worked in a variety of healthcare settings with multiple Electronic Medical/Health Records. Your course will involve purchasing a subscription to Neehr Perfect, the academic EHR we will be using. Once the term begins, you will activate your subscription, and learn to navigate,enter information into the EHR, review, extract information, and submit assignments to D2L. . While there is variance between commercial electronic medical records, Neehr Perfect is based on the Veterans Administration EHR, VISTA. This course should give you a feel for navigating, in addition to providing a foundation to discuss and learn the many concepts related to electronic medical records in healthcare delivery. One last note: This class is ENTIRELY online, including your communication with me and between yourselves. If you're comfortable with D2L and working in an online environment, I look forward to meeting and working with you (virtually)!
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Starting this term, you will be able to access our EHR with your Mac or PC, with any standard web browser. A Neehr Perfect subscription will be available for purchase through the bookstore if you have financial aid, or online. Info will be sent out to registered students shortly before the term starts.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||28759||-||01-Apr-2013 thru 14-Jun-2013|
Instructor: Mikala Iris
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.