MTH243 Statistics I
Introduces displaying data with graphs, numerical descriptions of data, producing data, elementary probability, probability distributions, confidence intervals and significance testing. Investigates applications from science, business, and social science perspectives. Graphing calculator required. TI-89 Titanium or Casio Classpad 330 recommended. Prerequisite: (MTH 111, MTH 111B or MTH 111C), and placement into WR 121. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- The new textbook adopted Fall 2011 is: Stats Data and Model (3rd Edition) by DeVeaux, Velleman, Bock, ISBN 9781256284291 and is available at the PCC bookstore. New texts purchased at our bookstore should be shrink wrapped with: MyStatLab access code My Math Lab does not come with a used copy of the text. My Math Lab is an additional $70, so the most cost effective option it to purchase a new text. You need to have access to Microsoft Word and Excel. (Office 2008/2011 for Mac does not have the necessary software.) You need to purchase a TI83,TI84 or TI89 calculator. This course will be using Desire2Learn this term. Desire2Learn was selected by PCC to replace Blackboard as our Learning Management Software that is used to deliver online courses. To login to your course, please go to: https://my.pcc.edu and click on the Desire2Learn login. Please note that other online courses you are enrolled in may still use Blackboard this term, to login to Blackboard please go to: http://pcconline.blackboard.com.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- There are two proctored exams that are given at the SE Center of PCC. The proctored midterm is on Saturday, May 11th from 8:00am-9:50am in Tabor 144, and the proctored final exam is on Friday, June 14th from 8:00am-9:50am in Tabor 144. You must bring photo ID to both exams.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||28613||-||01-Apr-2013 thru 15-Jun-2013|
Instructor: Seth Eikrem
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Extended Learning Campus CLASS
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.