MTH111 College Algebra
Explores relations and functions graphically, numerically, symbolically, and verbally. Examines exponential, logarithmic, polynomial, and rational functions. Investigates applications from a variety of perspectives. Graphing calculator required. TI-89 Titanium or Casio Classpad 330 recommended. Prerequisite: MTH 95, RD 115, and WR 115, or equivalent placement. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- My name is Rebecca Ross and I will be your instructor for this course. This course will be using Desire2Learn, our Learning Management Software at PCC that is used to deliver online courses.
To login to your course, please log in to:
https://my.pcc.edu and click on the Desire2Learn link on the MyPCC Home tab.
Important: This is not a self paced course. There are assignments that you will have to complete on a weekly basis.You will have to come to campus to take two exams. The dates are July 19th and August 9th. These exams are mandatory by the Math department so you have to be able to take these exams.
In order to be successful in this course, you will need to be comfortable following written directions, be a self-directed learner, be comfortable with technology, have good time management skills, and be able to spend at least 15-20 hours per week completing required math work. If you think you will have trouble meeting these criteria, you should register for a traditional, face-to-face class.
If this is your first online course, please take the online orientation before the term starts:
- Course Specific Requirements:
This course has two required on campus exams. Both exams are held at the Southeast Campus. Students registered for this class must be able to attend these mandatory exams. The dates are July 19th and August 9th.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||28612||-||01-Apr-2013 thru 15-Jun-2013|
Instructor: Rebecca M Ross
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Extended Learning Campus CLASS
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.