WR115 Intro to Expository Writing
Introduces college level skills in reading critically, exploring ideas, and writing. Covers composing essays which support a thesis through structure appropriate to both thesis and reader and revision for clarity and correctness. Prerequisites: (Placement into WR 115 or completion of WR 90 or ESOL 262) and (placement into RD 115 or completion of RD 90 or ESOL 260). Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- This unit of WR 115 will focus on further developing reading and writing skills by working on essays of various types, using the reading to sponsor discussion, and engaging deeply in the revision process. We use the textbook 'Models for Writers' as our text. It is the 11th edition. The ISBN number is 0312552017. There is a final in this class. It is a timed essay. You MUST pass the final with a C or better in order to pass the class, no matter your grade up until that point. The final is meant to show competence with standards of language in an assignment that does not allow for heavy revision.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||27790||-||31-Mar-2014 thru 14-Jun-2014|
Instructor: Kyle J Lang
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.