CJA112 Intro Crim Just Sys - Courts
This course focuses on the United States criminal court systems including state, federal and miscellaneous other jurisdictions. It covers roles and functions of participants in the adjudication process including the prosecutor, defense attorney, defendant, victim, judge, jury, police and more. Also examined various criminal court procedures from arrest and arraignment through trial and sentencing. Prerequisite: Placement into WR 121. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome to CJA112! My name is Frank Grace, and I look forward to being your online instructor this term. I believe you will find this course informative and the textbook a wonderful resource both now and in the future as you work towards a successful career path. For those of you wanting to get a head start, the course will be available tomorrow, Sunday morning instead of Monday, closing Saturday at 11:59 pm. Term Paper: This course requires attending a courtroom trial in order to meet the term paper requirement. I have attached several informational sources that may be helpful in assisting you in locating a courtroom to attend in your area. This information can also be found by scrolling down the course Contents. I strongly recommend getting an early start on locating a courtroom and trial in order to avoid the last minute rush and excuses I hear every term. Textbook: You are free to use the 11th or 12th edition of the course textbook that can be purchased at the PCC store, or online from various vendors. The publisher also offers an online rental version. Please be sure to take full advantage of the course resources; videos, handouts, and links to related web-sites by scrolling down the Contents list within CJA112. Note: Refer to course syllabus and calendar for important information and dates Take course informational quiz before entering discussion topics Use course number (CRN) on all e-mails and submitted work for this course Course contents open Sundays at 12:01 am, and close Saturdays at 11:59 pm, unless otherwise noted Participation in weekly discussion topics is a requirement of this course Again, Welcome to CJA112.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||27117||-||01-Apr-2013 thru 14-Jun-2013|
Instructor: Frank F Grace
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.