CJA111 Intro Crim Just Sys - Police
Course designed to provide an overview of the role of police in society. Students will become familiar with general concepts related to law enforcement and be introduced to associated foundations and principles that comprise the criminal justice system. A range of issues and facts relevant to policing will be discussed. Included is historical development of police in America, crime data collection, police organization and structure, the police sub-culture, police and community relations, laws and constitutional limitations on authority. Prerequisite: Placement into WR 121. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- The required textbook is Criminal Justice Today, 12th Edition, Frank Schmalleger, Pearson Prentice Hall, ISBN-13: 978-0-13-273981-8. You can order this book online from the PCC Bookstore or from any online book vendor. It is important you have this book immediately when the term begins since we will be using it throughout the entire term.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||27114||-||01-Apr-2013 thru 14-Jun-2013|
Instructor: Aaron T Olson
Notes: PCC at 971-722-7308 to register.
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.