CIS120 Computer Concepts I
Introduces computing fundamentals from the past into the future, utilizes key applications to solve practical problems, and explores the benefits and risks of living online. Designed for the student who is already computer literate with the MS Office applications, e-mail, and the Internet and focuses on applying this literacy to practical IT applications. Provides a foundation to pursue an IT pathway and helps prepare students for the IC3 certification. Prerequisites: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Recommend: basic computer skills equivalent to CAS 133 or BA 131. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Hello and welcome to CIS 120, My name is Ira Erbs and I will be your teacher this term. I have been teaching this course on campus and on line for a number of years. I have been an educator and IT (computer) consultant for over 20 years. I am an avid computer hobbyist. This class is designed to provide you with a broad range of IT experiences and challenges. Do not over-think the assignments, have fun and use the discussion section to post questions to your fellow students for help. I will monitor the discussions and provide advise and suggestions as needed.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Students who already have basic computer skills such as: File management, know how to burn software, are able to read carefully and ask questions have been shown to be most successful taking on line Computer Courses. Since this is an online course, much more responsibility will rest on the students to carefully read all online materials and instructions and to contact your instructor with any questions. Probably one of the most important words to remember is READ. Also, of course, is to regularly login and participate in the course. If you have questions, contact the instructor at firstname.lastname@example.org. Required Book: DISCOVERING COMPUTERS 2014 COMPLETE Author VERMAAT Edition/Copyright 14 Published Date 2014 There are two versions of the book in the Book Store. Either one will do. JUST MAKE SURE IT IS 2014 edition. All required software will be available for free download.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||26860||-||31-Mar-2014 thru 14-Jun-2014|
Instructor: Ira I Erbs
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.