GRN181 Exploring the Field of Aging
Introduces the range of emerging professional opportunities in the field of aging, and guides students in exploring and prioritizing potential career pathways. Includes career and labor market research; assessment of passions, interests, experiences and transferable skills; informational interviews, site visits, and networking; career and educational/training goal setting and planning. No Pre-requisites. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- GRN181 Exploring the Field of Aging provides an overview of emerging career areas working with older adults, and guides students through a process of self-assessment, job market analysis, informational interviews, site visits, and planning and goal setting for the educational and training requirements of priority career pathways. This course is required for the AAS Degree and most certificates in Gerontology, but is also suitable for students determining whether a career in aging is right for them. For information on the Gerontology Program, contact us at 971-722-8254 or email@example.com. Visit our website at www.pcc.edu/ger.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- This course uses Desire2Learn, the PCC Learning Management Software that delivers online courses. To login to this course, please go to https://my.pcc.edu and click on the Desire2Learn login link on the left of your MyPCC homepage. If you are new to distance learning or D2L, please do the online orientation. If possible, students should attend an ITV Orientation Workshop on Saturday, April 6th, from 9am to 12:30pm in SY TCB107 or RC 9/201. The recorded session will be available by video stream in the D2L course for students unable to attend later that day. The optional textbook, Exploring Careers in Aging, 4th edition, is available in the Sylvania Bookstore. All materials needed to succeed in the course are available in the online course. CRN23622 and 22635 are combined with CRN26388 online.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||26388||-||01-Apr-2013 thru 15-Jun-2013|
Instructor: Jan L Abushakrah
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.