BA242 Introduction to Investments
Study popular investment vehicles--what they are, how they can be utilized and the risk and return possibilities. Emphasizes stocks and bonds, mutual funds, options and real estate. Examines securities exchanges and the functions of the broker. Prerequisite: WR 115, RD 115, and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- This course will be conducted using (1)Desire2Learn as our Learning Management Software that is used to deliver online courses and (2) the MyFinanceLab Homework Manager.
To login to your course, please go to https://my.pcc.edu and click on the Desire2Learn login.
IMPORTANT: If you fail to log in to D2L before 5:00 PM on September 27, you will automatically be dropped from the class
- Course Specific Requirements:
- You can view the Syllabus and the Course Calendar for ALL of my courses on my website. Here is the url:
Fundamentals of Investing 12th edition
Custom text with MyFinanceLab
Authors: Scott Smart / Lawrence Gitman / Michael Joehnk
The textbook can be purchased at the bookstore on any of the main PCC campus locations (Sylvania, Rock Creek, Cascade, Southeast Center). You can also order the textbook through PCCs online bookstore at:
Note: If you purchase a used text, you will also need to purchase the access code for the MyFinanceLab Homework Manager to submit your assignments.
Since this is an online course you will also need access to a computer and with an internet browser (MSIE, Firefox, etc.)
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||25873||-||31-Mar-2014 thru 14-Jun-2014|
Instructor: Jeff A Edwards
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.