Explores the role of the consumer in our economy, problems of financing family and individual needs, including budgeting, banking relationships, borrowing, insurance, risk management, real estate, investing, portfolio management, retirement and personal taxes. Prerequisite: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
This class may be completed entirely online. Students are not required to attend any on-campus classes.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- The journey to financial freedom starts here! Personal Finance provides practical guidance on how students can achieve peace of mind with regard to their financial situation. It provides many financial planning tools to help students identify and evaluate choices as well as understand the consequences of decisions in terms of opportunity costs.
Required Text - Personal Finance (11th edition) Authors: Kapoor, Dlabay, Hughes, Publisher: McGraw-Hill Irwin Higher Education.
The text is available in the PCC bookstore. The eBook is available from the publisher.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|25762 WEB »||-||28-Mar-2016 thru 11-Jun-2016|
Instructor: DeLyse E Totten
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.