BA242 Introduction to Investments
Study popular investment vehicles--what they are, how they can be utilized and the risk and return possibilities. Emphasizes stocks and bonds, mutual funds, options and real estate. Examines securities exchanges and the functions of the broker. Prerequisite: WR 115, RD 115, and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Introduction to Investments is designed to expose the student to the financial world of investments. The course provides the student information about primary and secondary markets, the various exchanges and the OTC market. It covers margin trading and short selling, as well as options. Where and how to find security information will be covered. In real estate the student will be exposed to commercial investments, such as apartments. We cover 20 chapters ranging from core evaluation information to specific investment types. This course is applicable as elective credit toward an Associate degree and may be transferable to a four-year institution.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- WR 115, RD 115, and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Student should be able to substitute numeric amounts into financial equations and solve for the answer. You should not be intimidated by complex equations that you substitute given variables. It also helps to have BA 111 or BA 211 for doing ratio analysis and calculations.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||25692||-||01-Apr-2013 thru 14-Jun-2013|
Instructor: Diana L Sullivan
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.