MTH60 Introductory Algebra- 1st Term
Introduction to algebraic concepts and processes with a focus on linear equations and inequalities in one and two variables. Applications, graphs, functions, formulas, and proper mathematical notation are emphasized throughout the course. A scientific calculator is required. The TI-30X II is recommended. Prerequisites: MTH 20 and RD 80 (or ESOL 250). Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- This course will be using Desire2Learn. To log in to your course, first log in to MyPCC and then click on the Desire2Learn login.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- On-Campus/Proctored Exams
There are two required on-campus/proctored exams (Midterm Exam 2 and the Final Exam). Midterm Exam 2 is Friday, 17 May 2013 from 1:00 PM to 2:50 PM on the Sylvania Campus. The Final Exam is Wednesday, 12 June 2013. There are two time options for the final exam, either from 9:00 AM to 10:50 AM OR from 11:00 AM to 12:50 PM, both on the Sylvania Campus. You will need to bring an official, government-issued photo ID (drivers license, passport, etc.) to take these on-campus exams.
If you cannot make it to the exam sessions that I offer, you will need to make arrangements to take the exams at a proctored testing location (such as a local college). In this case, you are responsible for making the arrangements. Some locations may charge for their proctored testing service and any such fees will be the responsibility of the student. Contact me immediately if this applies to you, as these exam times must be completely arranged by the end of the second week of term (14 April 2013). Note: In this situation, you must take Midterm Exam 2 and the Final Exam no later than Monday of respective week.
All other work will be done online via Desire2Learn.
- The required text is 'Beginning Algebra, A Custom Edition for Portland Community College' by Robert Blitzer. It is available from the PCC Bookstore. You may purchase it new or used. I do NOT require the use of MyMathLab, which is only bundled with new copies of the text.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||25679||-||01-Apr-2013 thru 15-Jun-2013|
Instructor: Scot M Leavitt
Notes: MyMathLab NOT required.
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.