HST107 History of Korea and Japan
Explores the history of Korea and Japan and their dynamic relationship from pre-history to modern times. Includes political, diplomatic, economic, social, religious, and cultural themes. Prerequisites: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Hello Good Students: We'll have a fine time looking at both ancient and modern history in both of these countries and explore the complicated relationships between them. See you online. Sylvia
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Required Text(s) 1. 'The History of Korea' by Djun Kim, ABC-Clio, 2005. ISBN 0313360537; 2. 'Japan: Its History and Culture,' Morton, W. Scott, and Kenneth Olenik. Fourth Edition, McGraw-Hill, 2005. ISBN 0071412808; [Note: there will also be primary source required web readings throughout the modules; Activities and Assignments: Two essay exams; Discussions online; Short responses to readings; Scholarly Article Response Papers; Choice between a book review and a service-learning project.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||23787||-||31-Mar-2014 thru 14-Jun-2014|
Instructor: Sylvia H Gray
Notes: Has Community-Based Learning option. www.pcc.edu/cbl
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.