BA177 Payroll Accounting
Learn fundamental skills and basic knowledge in the area of business payroll. The focus of the course is primarily in the following areas: payroll and personnel record keeping, calculation of gross pay using various methods, calculation of Social Security and Medicare taxes, calculation of federal and state income taxes, calculation of federal and state unemployment taxes, journalizing and posting payroll entries, and completing various federal and state forms. Prerequisites: BA 111 Introduction to Accounting or BA 211 or instructor permission. Recommended: MTH 30 Business Mathematics, and Microcomputer experience. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome to taking your Payroll Accounting class entirely online!
You will be given the opportunity to complete the class ahead of schedule if this is an attractive option!
You will never need to drive to a college campus because all the work will be completed using only your computer in the comfort of your home or office.
You will be submitting homework assignments and taking quizzes using 'Cengage Now'. Cengage Now is a computerized software homework learning system developed by Cengage Learning.
This course will be using Desire2Learn, our Learning Management Software at PCC that is used to deliver online courses.
To login to your course, please go to: https://my.pcc.edu and click on the Desire2Learn login link on the left of your MyPCC homepage.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- The textbook we will use is Payroll Accounting 2013 (with Computerized Payroll Accounting Software CD-ROM), and access code to Cengage Now, 2013 edition by Bieg and Toland. You must purchase a new textbook in order to complete the computerized payroll project and gain access to 'Cengage Now' ISBN: 1285480953 (note: be sure to purchase the 2013 textbook that has both the CD and access code to Cengage Now).
You can purchase the textbook at the online PCC bookstore at http://www.pcc.edu/resources/bookstore/ The publishing company is South-Western Cengage Learning.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||22738||-||01-Apr-2013 thru 15-Jun-2013|
Instructor: Michael D Lawrence
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.