OS220 Business Editing Skills
Develops skills necessary for editing, transcribing, and writing memos, letters and email. Emphasis: punctuation, capitalization, spelling, grammar, and word use. Recommended: Placement into WR 121, keyboard by touch. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome to OS 220 Business Editing.
This class is intended to help you improve your communication skills using Standard English for careers and to avoid noticeable errors by studying the correct and effective use of the following:
- Sentence structure
- Word choice
- Proofreading, proofreading, and proofreading
This class meets entirely online. We do not have campus meetings.
English for Careers: Business, Professional, and Technical with MyWritingLab, 10th Edition by Leila R. Smith and Roberta Moore,
If you purchase a used book without the MyWritingLab, you may purchase the MyWriting Lab access code at the PCC book store or online at www.pearsonmylabs.com. MyWritingLab access and the textbook are required in this class.
Qualify for WR 121, keyboard by touch, and completion of a beginning word processing class.
If you do not possess the above prerequisite skills, you will have a
VERY DIFFICULTtime successfully completing this class. I strongly suggest that you first attain the above skills before enrolling in this course.
You must log in to our class website and complete an
Academic Integrity Statement by Wednesday of the first week, or you may be dropped from the class. This course will be using Desire2Learn to deliver online courses. To log in to your course, go to the Desire2Learn link located on the left side of the MyPCC page.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||22306||-||31-Mar-2014 thru 14-Jun-2014|
Instructor: Verna D Reardon
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.