OS131 10-key on Calculators
Develops 10-key skills by touch. Recommended: qualify to enter Reading 115 or WR 115. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- From the Instructor: There are three items you will need to be successful in OS 131 Online: 1. The following textbook: Calculators, Printing and Display, 5th edition, Southwest Publishing Company, Pasewark: 2012. ISBN#: 978-0-8400-6535-3. We have used this book for this class in the past, so you may be able to find a used copy at the PCC bookstores. 2. An electronic calculator (adding machine with tape with these features: Print/display, Four basic arithmetic operations, Subtotal, Grand total, Non-add key - for numbering problems, Memory capacity - including Memory Plus, Memory Minus & Memory Total. (There are such machines available in our Student Computing Center at Rock Creek (formerly CRC) for students to practice and/or complete the class if they do not have access to one.) They can be purchased at most office supply stores. Some students have even found them at Thrift stores. 3. 10-key pad on your computer. Since this is an online class, you will need to take Timings from your computer keypad in this class, so you are able show the instructor of this class how fast you are keying through an online 10-Key program. So, you will want to have access to a computer with internet access, other than a laptop, for this portion of the class.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||22208||-||01-Apr-2013 thru 27-Apr-2013|
Instructor: Karin L Hulse
Notes: Class runs 4/1/12 to 4/27/13.
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.