HE264 Health, Food & the Environment
This course will examine how food systems influence human and environmental health. Students will explore the connections between sustainable agriculture concepts/practices, food systems, and personal and environmental health. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- This course will examine how food systems influence human and environmental health. Students will explore the connections between sustainable agriculture concepts/practices, food systems, and personal and environmental health. This 3-credit course will assist students in gaining a personal understanding of how food supply and consumption, agriculture, and the environment are related and influence personal and global health. Students will gain an understanding of how each persons personal food choices affects and is affected by the world food situation. Students will have an awareness of the relationship between environmental health, food choice, and personal health
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Required Text(s): This course is entirely online. You need weekly internet access to keep up with the course. Two required books: 1. The Ethics of What we Eat by Peter Singer and Jim Mason ISBN: 9781594866876 2. Stuffed and Starved: The Hidden Battle for the World Food System by Raj Patel 2012 Edition ISBN: 9781612191270
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||22177||-||31-Mar-2014 thru 14-Jun-2014|
Instructor: Monica L Hunsberger
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.