GRN280B Gerontology Internship Seminar
Develops the essential skills for successful internship. Focuses on work-based learning outcomes, working under supervision, effective communication and teamwork in organizations, professional networking, stress and conflict management, professional ethics, boundary setting, and burnout prevention. Prerequisite: GRN 181. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- GRN280B Gerontology Internship Seminar (1 credit) is required for all Gerontology Certificates and the AAS Degree. The course prepares students for issues they will encounter in internships and in jobs in the field of aging. Topics covered include: experiential learning, learning styles, conflict management, communication, organizations, team work, supervision, stress management and burnout prevention, finding your purpose and nurturing your passion. Students enrolled in the online section (CRN22140) as well as those in the class-web section (CRN22141) can attend optional in-class meetings on alternating Mondays, from 5 to 7pm. See Schedule for location and Course Calendar for meeting dates. Students may also want to attend Ageless Network meetings at the same time on the other Mondays in the term.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Gerontology students usually take this course in the first term of their internship, or the term before they do an internship. This course uses Desire2Learn, PCC's Learning Management Software that delivers online courses. To login to your course, please go to: https://my.pcc.edu and click on the Desire2Learn login link on the left of your MyPCC homepage. A Peer Mentor is available to provide support. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 971-722-4077 with questions, including how to get registered for GRN280A Gerontology Internship.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||22140||-||01-Apr-2013 thru 15-Jun-2013|
Instructor: Jan L Abushakrah
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.