BA211 Principles of Accounting I
Introduces financial accounting theory, including the accounting cycle, analysis and recording of transactions, and reporting financial information in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Recommend: MTH 60 and BA 111. Prerequisite: WR 115, RD 115, and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome to Principles of Accounting, probably one of the most useful courses of study for any student wanting to clarify their thinking about business and financial decision-making. BA211 is essential for those planning a career in accounting, but will be necessary for anyone that truly wants to understand how businesses measure their performance and financial condition.
Additionally, you will find that you are much better able to frame issues regarding personal financial decisions. Few courses can claim so many practical benefits.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Course topics are summarized online and presented comprehensively in the textbook. After study and practice, students will submit assignments and complete quizzes and examinations online.
You will need the textbook and a subscription to the publisher's online supplement 'CONNECT.' A new textbook comes with the access code to the supplement. If you purchase a used textbook, you must purchase the access code separately. Textbooks are available at PCC Bookstores: FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING, John J Wild, McGraw-Hill Irwin, 6th edition. (Note: be sure you purchase the 6th edition...earlier editions are inexpensive, but will not work for this class) DO NOT DELAY (get yours before they run out).
To access the course website, go to https://my.pcc.edu and click on the Desire2Learn login the first day of term.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||21866||-||31-Mar-2014 thru 13-Jun-2014|
Instructor: Mike M Fritz
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.