Introduces Microsoft Publisher to design and create effective publications that combine text graphics, illustrations, and/or photographs such as announcements, fliers, advertisements, and reports. Covers the processes to create, import, and manipulate text, graphics, and/or templates through program tools and features. Recommended: Placement into RD 115 and WR 115; prior knowledge and use of Windows technology. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome to CAS 231! You must log in to the course by Wednesday, April 3, 2013 to maintain your enrollment in the course. If you do not log-in, you will be assigned an NS grade on Friday, April 5, and will be dropped from the course. You will have instructions for the first assignment once you log in. The class will be available by 8 a.m., Monday, April 1. If you have not taken an online course using Desire2Learn before, I highly recommend that you take the time to go to the PCC Distance Learning site and go through the orientation before the course starts. This will help avoid any issues in the first week of the course relating to navigating within Desire2Learn. Students are expected to begin the course the first week. Contact the instructor listed below if you have questions. Joanie Ellis. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Course Specific Requirements:
- The textbook and materials for the CAS 231 online course are: Microsoft Office Publisher 2010: Complete Concepts & Techniques, by Shelly, Starks & Cashman, ISBN 978-1-4188-4349-6. DO NOT PURCHASE A CAS 231 COURSE INSTRUCTIONAL PACKET--this is for on-campus instruction at the Sylvania campus only. YOU MUST USE PUBLISHER 2010 FOR THIS COURSE. Web Technical Requirements: Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode. Students with Disabilities: Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||21836||-||01-Apr-2013 thru 15-Jun-2013|
Instructor: Joanie L Ellis
Notes: Publisher 2010.
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.