CAS121 Beginning Keyboarding
Introduces alphabetic portion of computer keyboard by touch. Uses the numeric portion of the keyboard. Develops and improves basic keyboarding techniques to increase speed and accuracy. Involves production of basic business and academic documents using a word processor. Recommended: Placement into RD 90 and WR 90 or above. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome to CAS 121, your fully online Beginning Keyboarding course. Access to the course begins Monday, March 30 at 12 a.m. It is very important that you login and get started as soon as you have course access. If you have not purchased your materials, the book information is listed below. PCC sells the book bundled with the GDP Registration Code. You must have the GDP code and the textbook to begin (and complete) the course.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- The textbook we will be using for this course is: Gregg College Keyboarding and Document Processing (GDP), 11e by Ober, Johnson, and Zimmerly. Kit 1: (Lessons 1-60) with Microsoft Word 2010 Manual, Boxed Cover Set, also includes the GDP course access code. ISBN- 9780077831301.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||21212||-||31-Mar-2014 thru 14-Jun-2014|
Instructor: Joni K Meisner
Notes: Word 2010.
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.