WR115 Intro to Expository Writing
Introduces college level skills in reading critically, exploring ideas, and writing. Students compose essays which support a thesis through structure appropriate to both thesis and reader and learn to revise for clarity and correctness. Prerequisites: (Placement into WR 115 or completion of WR 90 or ESOL 262) and (placement into RD 115 or completion of RD 90 or ESOL 260). Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- To login to your course, please go to: https://my.pcc.edu and click on the Desire2Learn login.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Distance Learning textbooks are sold through the Sylvania campus bookstore.
Two required textbooks:
(1) The Writer's Way (Rawlins & Metzger: 8th ed. ISBN 0495911445);
(2) Quick Access Reference for Writers with MLA update, custom edition for PCC (Troyka & Hesse)
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||20880||-||01-Apr-2013 thru 15-Jun-2013|
Instructor: Tara B Montague
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.