MTH70 Review of Intro Algebra
Review of algebraic concepts and processes with a focus on linear equations and inequalities in one and two variables, functions, linear systems, properties of exponents, polynomials, and quadratic equations. Applications, graphs, functions, formulas, and proper mathematical notation are emphasized throughout the course. A scientific calculator is required. The TI-30X II is recommended. Prerequisites: (MTH 63 or MTH 65) and (RD 80 or ESOL 250) Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Once the quarter begins, this course will be accessed by logging into MyPCC and clicking on the Desire2Learn login link (on the left of your MyPCC homepage).
This course is NOT self-paced. There is work due every week.
Students will be working in two online platforms: Desire2Learn and MyMathLab.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Required for this course:
- Two proctored on-campus exams (midterm and final) where a valid photo ID will be checked (government or PCC issued). Students who do not live in the area may take exams at an approved location that provides proctoring services for the public (typically a college or military base).
- MyMathLab (MML) for online tests, online quizzes and online homework. Purchase of a NEW Math 70 textbook from a PCC bookstore should include MML and a student solution manual. MML is a cardboard insert that has a student ID code (it is NOT a CD). To access MML, students need the student id (provided in the sealed cardboard insert for NEW textbooks purchased at a PCC bookstore) and the instructor/course code (provided in the syllabus in Desire2Learn when the quarter begins).
- All Math 70 courses at PCC use the same book. Be sure to save your receipt in case the MyMathLab code does not work.
- Some used books may have the MyMathLab (MML) student access code. The code is book-specific (you can't use the MML code from a different book) and user-specific (you can't use a code that another student has used). If the seal is broken on the MML insert in the used book, do not buy it!
- MyMathLab includes an electronic version of the textbook (although it is slightly different from PCC's custom edition). Some students prefer to have a hard copy of the textbook; others do not mind using the electronic version. MML also has recorded lectures for the sections.
- If you don't want a hard copy of the textbook, it is possible to purchase MyMathLab using PayPal (information for how to do this is given in the Desire2Learn course). PCC's bookstore may also have MyMathLab for purchase.
- It is cheaper to purchase a NEW textbook from a PCC bookstore that has MML bundled with it than to purchase a used text and MyMathLab separately.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||20836||-||01-Apr-2013 thru 15-Jun-2013|
Instructor: Michele M Marden
Notes: MyMathLab REQUIRED. Students should buy new text bundle.
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.