CAS216 Beginning Word
Introduces the basics of Microsoft Word to create, edit, and print documents such as letters, memos, and manuscripts; produce multi-page documents; use headers and footers; become familiar with the program's writing tools and basics of enhancing documents; and produce merged copy. Recommended: Placement into RD 115 and WR 115; keyboarding 25 words per minute. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome to CAS 216, Beginning Word! If you have not taken an online course using Desire2Learn before this term, you are highly encouraged to take the time to go to the PCC Distance Learning site and go through the orientation before the course starts. This will help avoid any issues in the first week of the course relating to navigating within Desire2Learn.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- The required text for this course is Word 2010, Signature Series packaged with 180 day trial of MS Office 2010. Rutkosky & Roggenkamp, authors; Paradigm, publisher; ISBN 978-0-76384-501-8. Please note: If you have previously used a free trial of MS Word you may not be able to use the one that comes bundled with the new textbook. This is governed by Microsoft. Software/Hardware Requirements: Microsoft Word 2010 (Microsoft Works is not acceptable software to use for this course.) If you have MS Word 2013 you may use this version, but please make sure to let your instructor know. Also, due to differences in 2010 and 2013 the textbook will not always align since not all of the features/tools etc. are exactly the same. Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1 are acceptable operating systems for this course. Internet Access PC with CD ROM (Students using a MAC for this course must also have access to a PC. Some assignments must be completed on a PC rather than a Mac.) Printer (if you want to print any of the course materials such as the calendar or syllabus), Flash Player software (free download found in Online Student Resources), and Adobe Reader software (free download).
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||20357||-||31-Mar-2014 thru 14-Jun-2014|
Instructor: Joni K Meisner
Notes: Word 2010 Complete 1st assign by 4/3 or access may be denied
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.