Introduces the creation of sophisticated, dynamic, interactive and fully functional websites using WordPress, a Content Management System (CMS). Includes installing and modifying themes, creating efficient site navigation using menus and categories, organizing a site, enhancing a site with plugins and widgets, integrating a blog, and creating user functionality with user logins. Covers basic HTML and CSS and site planning. Recommended: placement into RD 115 and WR 115. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Required text: WordPress 24 Hour Trainer: Third Edition (Plumley)
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|17712 WEB »||-||04-Jan-2016 thru 19-Mar-2016|
Instructor: Susan T Watson
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.