CIS140M Operating Systems I: Microsoft
A first course in Microsoft operating systems administration including installation, configuration, and management. Command line and GUI tools used to organize, manage and maintain the file system are covered. Additionally students are introduced to users, groups, printing, profiles policies and the registry. Recommended: CIS 120 Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- There are no specific prerequisites for this class. However, students should have a basic understanding of computers and basic computer operations including navigating folders with Windows 'My Computer' or Explorer, creating a folder structure and moving/copying files/folders within the folder structure, e-mail, navigating the web, word-processing and spreadsheets.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- The book 'MCTS Microsoft Windows 7 Configuration', by William Panek, published by Wiley Publishing, ISBN:-9780470948453 is used in this class and is required. Access to Internet services are required to logon to the PCC Student web site and the Desire2Learn site. Your Internet service should be of sufficent speed so that it does not impeed your ability to upload/download documents, media, or other electronic materials. One of the following Internet browser applications is required. Firefox is the recommended browser for Desire2Learn. * Internet Explorer 9 or later * Firefox 10 or later * Safari 5.x or later. Browser plugins, such as Flash, Acrobat Reader, and Java may be required. It is recommended that you install and maintain an anti-virus software package. Windows firewall or another firewall software is also recommended. A computer or virtual machine capable of running Windows 7 Pro is required for this course. Access to Microsoft Word 2003 or newer or a text editor is necissary for completing assignment.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||17591||-||06-Jan-2014 thru 22-Mar-2014|
Instructor: Frank C Taylor
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.