MTH111 College Algebra
Explores relations and functions graphically, numerically, symbolically, and verbally. Examines exponential, logarithmic, polynomial, and rational functions. Investigates applications from a variety of perspectives. Graphing calculator required. TI-89 Titanium or Casio Classpad 330 recommended. Prerequisite: MTH 95, RD 115, and WR 115, or equivalent placement. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- My name is Rebecca Ross and I will be your instructor for this course. This course will be using Desire2Learn, our Learning Management Software at PCC that is used to deliver online courses.
To login to your course, please log in to:
https://my.pcc.edu and click on the Desire2Learn link on the MyPCC Home tab.
Important: This is not a self paced course. There are assignments that you will have to complete on a weekly basis. You will have to come to campus to take two exams. The midterm will be given on February 6th and the final will be given on Monday, March 16th. Note that if you live 60 miles or more outside the Portland Metro area and cannot make it to the SE Campus, you must find a proctor at a local University or Community College by the end of the second week of the term where you can take your exams.
In order to be successful in this course, you will need to be comfortable following written directions, be a self-directed learner, be comfortable with technology, have good time management skills, and be able to spend at least 15-20 hours per week completing required math work. If you think you will have trouble meeting these criteria, you should register for a traditional, face-to-face class.
If this is your first online course, please take the online orientation before the term starts:
- Course Specific Requirements:
- For this course, you have the option to do homework out of the textbook or using MyMathLab. If you like to use MML, make sure you purchase an access code. If you will be using the textbook, you can purchase a new or used text, custom or non-custom edition. All Math 111 courses use the same textbook so you can pick up the book from any campus bookstore.
This course has two required on campus exams. Both exams are held at the Southeast Campus. Students registered for this class must be able to attend these mandatory exams. The midterm will be given on February 6th and the final will be given on Monday, March 16th. Note that if you live 60 miles or more outside the Portland Metro area and cannot make it to the SE Campus, you must find a proctor at a local University or Community College by the end of the second week of the term where you can take your exams.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||15438||-||05-Jan-2015 thru 21-Mar-2015|
Instructor: Rebecca M Ross
Notes: MyMathLab OPTIONAL. Buy new or used textbook.
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Extended Learning Campus CLASS
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.