COMM140 Intro to Intercultural Comm
Explores the nature and impact of different cultures on communication. Includes interactive relationship forms as the basis for global understanding in the classroom, business or travel. Focus on processing messages with accelerating changes in political, economic and immigration patterns through individual cultural perceptions. Understand and communicate with people who are "different." Prerequisite: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Hello! This class provides an overview of the differing theories and concepts of intercultural communication. The class is completely online; there is no need to come to campus for this course. This class does fulfill a requirement for the Asian Studies Program Certificate.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- The required text for this course is titled, 'Intercultural Competence' by Lustig and Koester (6th edition). There is a minimal 8 hour Service Learning/Community Based Learning component for the course, required for the final paper.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||15127||-||06-Jan-2014 thru 22-Mar-2014|
Instructor: Kathleen Doss
Notes: Community-Based Learning Option--See www.pcc.edu/cbl
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.