HST106 History of China
Introduces the history of China. Includes political, diplomatic, economic, social, religious, and cultural themes from pre-history to modern times. Prerequisites: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit Available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Hello Good Students: Welcome to History of China! This course is not expensive to take compared to many others, and it is very doable. You will learn about the largest country in the world and how things came to be the way they are now. I look forward to meeting you on line.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Books: Morton, W. Scott and Charlton M. Lewis. China: Its History and Culture, 4th Ed. NY: McGraw Hill, 2005. ISBN: 0-07-141279-4; Sun Tzu. The Art of Warfare. Trans. Roger Ames. NY: Random House, 1993. ISBN 9780345362391; There will also be web readings of primary sources. Evaluation: Short essays; Discussions based on web readings; Midterm and Final Exams; Response to Sun Tzus Art of Warfare; Choose one of the following: Book Review OR Service-Learning Project
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||13432||-||06-Jan-2014 thru 22-Mar-2014|
Instructor: Sylvia H Gray
Notes: Community-Based Learning Option--See www.pcc.edu/cbl
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.